3-4 year old
The funded childcare entitlement for 3-4 year old children is now 30 hours per week for working parents. This supports working parents with the affordability of childcare and enable parents who want to work, or to work more hours, to do so.
A child qualifies for free childcare if they are resident in the England and under compulsory school age, and if both parents are working (or the sole parent in a lone parent family) and each parent earns, on average:
- A weekly minimum wage equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage or national living wage; and
- Earn less than £100,000 per year.
Child’s birthday /When you can claim:
- 1st Jan to 31st Mar/The beginning of the term on or after the 1st April
- 1st Apr to 31st Aug/The beginning of the term on or after the 1st September
- 1st Sept to 31st Dec/The beginning of the term on or after the 1st January.
To make a claim for extended entitlement please visit the Child Care Choices website.
For further information please contact us.